Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stairway to Heaven

That doorway that I unlock,
The caution that leads my head to look behind me,
I'm scared, yes,
What I will do requires a lot of courage,
But I know that the future that awaits me is a better one.

Now I'm opening the door,
The door that holds my future behind it,
As I open it, a bright light shines out.
It warms my face, my skin, my soul.

As I take that first step,
Into the light,
I relive my life,
All the moments, the pain, the suffering.
The happiness, the joy, all the memories come rushing back.

I step up the stairs,
one by one.
They say when you die,
Your life flashes before your eyes.
On each step, there is a portion.
And I relive my life.

I'm almost at the top,
I hear singing.
Joyful, wonderful, beautiful singing.
And It's all for me.

I'm at the last step,the final step,
But on this one, is something different.
I'm feeling something. Pride? No. Peace? No. Power? No.
I feel, love.
Overwhelming, floods of love.
Love surrounds me as I climb the memorable, wonderful,
Stairway to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment