Friday, July 10, 2009

Footprints

Step by step.
With each stride I leave my mark on the ground.
The leaves crunch beneath me.
I make a print, an impact.
If only it was the same for people.
When I meet someone,
I wish I could make a mark on their hearts.
When I talked with a friend,
They might listen.
When I answered a question, someone would learn from me.
But it doesn't.
People aren't leaves.
They won't move when I try to move them.
They have to have a greater force.
But I don't think it's me.
No, I think I may be the brick road on the way to the force.
Looked at, noticed,
but making no impact on the people that see me.
The force is God.
I need to put myself out there.
Live my life the way God wants it lived.
Maybe I should be the dirt.
When people step on me,
I turn it around to say, "God loves you."
My main ambition in life is to leave my footprint in this world.
I want to make my mark.
When I leave this Earth,
people can say, "That's her footprint."

No comments:

Post a Comment