Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pictures vs. Memories

Pictures fade.
They fade with time, age, and light.
They don't last forever.
They can get torn, burnt;destroyed.
You can't rely on them.
Pictures fade, memories don't.
A memory, good or bad, is there to stay.
If it's bad, you just have to learn to move on and put it behind you.
Water under the bridge.
You can keep a memory forever.
They won't age. They don't burn.
A memory is something you can look back on and smile or cry.
I need my memories.
But sometimes you need evidence, like a picture to prove that something is true.
The mind is a powerful thing.
It can create what it wants to create.
How do I know if something's true or not?
That's why I need pictures too.
I'll keep my pictures and my memories,
But only my memories help me survive.
They remind me that a better world does it fact exist.
Somewhere.
Pictures fade, but memories don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment